Hello, fellow musicians!

Homepage Forums Introduce yourself Hello, fellow musicians!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Daren Banarsë Daren Banarsë 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Laura Klein
    Participant

Hello all,

I’m a professional jazz pianist/composer and longtime teacher of the Alexander Technique in Berkeley, California. I’m delighted to have come across this website. It seems like a great place for musicians to exchange valuable information and insights.

I got into the Alexander Technique many years ago, when I was looking for a solution to back pain that I was experiencing while practicing and playing the piano. It opened a door for me to a whole new way of playing, without all the effort and tension that I’d thought was a necessary part of making music.

Ryan P
    Participant

Hi Laura, and welcome!

I’m hearing more and more about the Alexander Techniques here, I might just have to try it out. I’m in total agreement with you – what a great place this is to exchange ideas.

Daren Banarsë
    Daren Banarsë
    Keymaster

Welcome to Mindful Musician Laura – it’s great to have someone with your experience and knowledge here to talk to! I saw on your website that you also teach the ‘Taub­man approach’ to playing the piano, which uses natural movements. This is fascinating, and something I haven’t heard of before. I’m going to start a new thread!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.