Any musicians here do any exercise?!

Homepage Forums Health & Fitness Any musicians here do any exercise?!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Daren Banarsë Daren Banarsë 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Ryan P
    Participant

Any musicians here do any exercise?!

I’ve been running – long hard runs, which keep me fit. Lately I’ve been wondering about my motives for running. It’s like I’m so hard on myself, there’s some sort of anger there, like I’m punishing myself.

Rebo
    Participant

Can’t say I’m one for exercise Ryan. I like long walks. I’ve never been the fitness sort

Laura Klein
    Participant

I’ve been a walker all my life. When I’m feeling stuck musically (or in any other way) walking helps get me out of it. I think it’s important to find exercise that you enjoy-then you’ll be motivated to keep doing it, Ryan!

Ryan P
    Participant

I think I might be tempted to try long walks if there were some nice places to walk near me. Unfortunately I live in a city, and it’s not the most inspiring city! I’ll continue with the running for now, but maybe not push myself so hard.

Daren Banarsë
    Daren Banarsë
    Keymaster

I know the feeling Ryan. I’m in a beautiful city, but there’s actually nowhere to go for a walk where I live, without taking a bus first!

I do enjoy exercise though – I go to a local gym where I can climb, and also do fast walking on a treadmill, as long as I have an audio book, or something to listen to. Ideally I would go walking in nature. I used to live near Hampstead Heath, a huge beautiful park in North London. Not sure I could afford to move back there now!

Gentle stretching is also part of my routine – I think it’s good to keep reasonably fit if you want to be playing to your full potential. It also keeps me happy, and gives me energy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.